Add your story!
The ‘Europeana 1914-1918’ project aims to collect material that relates to the Great War (1914-1918) and those involved in or affected by it. In the current phase we are collecting material and stories from Britain, Germany, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Ireland, etc. More information about the project and the kind of material we are collecting can be found on the About page.
- Adding your story to Europeana 1914-1918 – See below
- Takedown Policy - Separate page
- Europeana Terms for User Contributions - Separate page
- About Europeana 1914-1918 project - Separate page
Adding your story to Europeana 1914-1918
You can add your story to Europeana 1914-1918 by using the online collection form on this website. You simply type in some information about your contribution, saying what it is (a postcard sent from XX, a diary, etc) and add any story that you want to share (for example about the person in the photograph, how you got it, what you know about the object). You can then attach a digital version of the object, for example a scanned or photographed copy of the picture, diary, uniform or whatever it is you are sharing. Once your contribution has been submitted it will be reviewed by an expert and become available for others.
How to use the online story collection interface
There you will be asked to complete the following five steps. You do not have to complete the whole process all at once but you can save your contribution and finish it later.
- Register to get an account (you only need to do this once) or Sign in if you have already registered.
- Add information about your contribution
- (optional) Attach a digital version of your object (photograph, scanned text, video, audio, etc).
- Submit the contribution to the online story collection
- Your contribution will be reviewed by a Europeana cataloguer. When your contribution has been reviewed and accepted it will become visible for others.